JOIN US AND YOU’LL BE IN GOOD COMPANY
It couldn’t be easier to set up a BEESMART scheme in your workplace – and it doesn’t cost a penny. Once you’ve signed up with Manchester Credit Union just follow these four simple steps below.
Here’s how it works
Your dedicated business relationship manager will work closely with you to set up and maintain your payroll scheme and handle all day-to-day enquiries.
To help your employees understand the benefits of your new scheme, we also provide you with dedicated marketing support tailored to your business.
If you’d like to give your employees an important in-work benefit with the BEESMART PAYROLL SERVICES scheme, find out more below:
Frequently asked questions
What does it cost?
The only cost involved is setting up the payroll deduction option for employees – and that will depend on the employer’s payroll systems and processes. Almost every employer has various options for making deductions from pay, and all major payroll software packages support this arrangement. There is no charge from MCU to the employer for setting up an Employer Partner Scheme, and there are no charges to the employee either (other than those the employee chooses – for example interest on a loan).
All businesses are eligible regardless of employee numbers and size. Your business must have a registered premises within our common bond area.
Depending on the size of the employee base, the commitment of the employer to promoting take-up and what MCU currently has available, we can tailor special offers to your organisation and your employees.
- You agree with MCU the process, promotion and any special offers of BEESMART.
- Payroll remains unchanged, we simply help you make the appropriate deductions and agree how often you send these to us.
- You promote BEESMART to your employees, offering the new payroll deduction option. MCU can provide dedicated marketing support.
- Employees who want to join the scheme complete a combined membership and payroll mandate form for MCU, online or at a workplace roadshow.
- We let you know the deductions to be made, and you make those deductions in the next (and subsequent) pay runs
- You pay one lump sum to MCU, and provide a schedule of the amounts deducted with a relevant reference number (such as employee number).
- We credit payments to the members’ accounts, keeping them up to date, and handle any account or deduction related queries.
- Employees can request withdrawals, make loan applications, change deduction amounts by phone, by email or online, directly with MCU.
“Manchester Credit Union is a safe and easy way to save. You can save as little or as much as you like, and you can quickly and easily take it out again. You can borrow money at low interest rates, with no hidden charges, even if you have a low credit rating. It’s a great way to make the most of your money.”
“Working with Manchester Credit Union is a great way for our staff to grow their savings directly from their pay. The simple and flexible scheme helps them take control of their savings to build financial resilience. The scheme also provides access to affordable loans, should they need them – so staff are protected from having to resort to high interest payday or doorstep lenders.”
Manchester City Council